Joe M. (Ken) Muncy
- Commonwealth of Virginia;
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia;
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit; and
- registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Georgia Institute of Technology (B.S., Industrial Engineering, 1982)
- George Mason University School of Law (J.D., 1988)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- AIPPI (Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété Intellectuelle)
- FICPI (Fédératiion Internationale Des Conseils En Propriété Intellectuelle)
- ASIPI (Asociaciόn Interamericana de la Propieda Intelectual)
Mr. Muncy focuses his practice on patent prosecution and patent infringement issues for both U.S. and foreign clients. This work includes the preparation and prosecution of many patent applications and the preparation of various infringement, non-infringement and validity opinions. Mr. Muncy also has extensive experience drafting and prosecuting design patent applications, preparing and prosecuting reissue and reexamination applications, and handling appeals before the Patent Trial Appeal Board. Mr. Muncy’s specific areas of expertise include the mechanical and electromechanical fields, such as semiconductors, light emitting devices, motors, valves, switches, printed electronics, medical devices, optics, aeronautics, accelerometers, batteries, hydraulics, fuel cells, marine vessels, propulsion systems, touch panels, heat sinks, computer peripheral devices, gambling machines, as well as various ornamental designs for design applications including graphical user interfaces (GUIs), LEDs, bottles, computer cases, automotive parts, cell phone cases and hover boards. Presentations about IP topics have been given by Mr. Muncy in the US, as well as in Canada, Sweden, Finland, Australia, Japan, China, Taiwan, Turkey and Dubai.