- Kanazawa University, Ishikawa, Japan (B.S., Mechanical Engineering 1993)
- Kanazawa University, Ishikawa, Japan (M.S., Mechanical Engineering 1995)
- Japanese Patent Office, as Benrishi (Reg. No. 11494)
- USPTO, as Patent Agent (Reg. No. 70278)
- Japanese Patent Attorneys Association
- Intellectual Property Association of Japan
Tetsu Yoshida has over 15 years of experience in the patent field. Mr. Yoshida previously worked in the engineering and intellectual property law departments of MIZUNO corporation in Osaka, Japan. In 1999, Mr. Yoshida became a patent attorney in Japan. In 2002, Mr. Yoshida moved to the US, where he has continued to develop his patent career as a registered US patent agent.
Mr. Yoshida provides cost-effective services in prosecuting utility and design patent applications and in conducting patent searches. Mr. Yoshida’s knowledge of Japanese patent law and his Japanese communication skills are particularly advantageous to Japanese companies and firms seeking patent protection in the US, as well as to US companies seeking patent protection in Japan.
Since 2003, Mr. Yoshida has been an adjunct associate professor teaching intellectual property law at Nara Institute of Science and Technology (NAIST), where he leads research into patent law issues and deals with academic-industrial collaboration.